Last week was a big week. Emma celebrated her 11th birthday on Thursday. Friday was the last day of school AND Emma's last day of grade school. That seems so hard to believe! Didn't she just start 2nd grade? With middle school coming up close, I am reminded of how much I want to impart to this precious girl in the next few years. Lots of training still ahead, but different than what it has been so far. I'm looking forward to doing a Bible study with her this summer - one on one time for just the two of us. She has a lot of questions, and there are so many challenges with peers and school and life in these next few years. I'm not sure I'm ready for it, but here we go!
Emma had a lot of fun decorating her own birthday cake this year, so I thought I'd post a few pictures. It was a chocolate cake with vanilla frosting, and the flowers are made from fruit candies (starbursts, laffy taffy, etc.) that she rolled out and shaped. She did a great job!



And this picture was taken on the last day of school, in front of Emma's school building: Murphy Elementary. Having everyone in pink was just a coincidence, but it makes for a nice picture!
2 comments:
Good job on the cake, Emma! Neat that you are going to do a Bible Study with Emma. I'm glad I get to learn from you as you go through the teen years first. :) Of course, I've heard it's a lot different with girls than with boys!
Cake looks yummy!
I'm glad you both go before me as well in the teen years. Marcia can help me with Chelsea and Amanda can help with Colman. God knew I would need lots of help!
Post a Comment