For our sweet Caroline, words like princess, fancy, pretty, sparkly, pink, dressy, and glamourous come to mind! Grandma Wingerd introduced us to a series of books about a girl known as "Fancy Nancy" and let me tell you, those books are SO Caroline! She loves to look at the pictures, she loves to sound out the words, and she loves to imitate the costumes and the glamour on the pages. It is precious. In fact, she has even started writing her own book, "Fancy Caroline." And she really is "Fancy Caroline!"
This weekend, she was invited to a birthday party for a friend down the street, and it was a Fancy Nancy birthday party. She has been anticipating this party for weeks, planning out every detail of what to wear. And we did it all - painted fingernails and toenails, fancy dress, lots of jewelry, curls in her hair, and even a little make-up. (By the way, this girl has the LONGEST eyelashes I have ever seen. Amazing!) It was so fun to get into the thrill of this party with her and just enjoy every moment of getting ready for it. I think the anticipation and preparation were even more fun than the party (although she had a great time there, too).
So, I have posted a picture of our very own "Fancy Caroline." And I am thanking God for the blessing of her life today.

Psalm 39:13-14 (my paraphrase)
“For you created Caroline’s inmost being;
you knit her together in my womb.
I praise you because she is fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”
No comments:
Post a Comment